The opening plenary session of the Latvian Congress of Physicians will be held at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre on 19 September from 12:00 noon until 4:00 p.m.
At 4:30 p.m. an ecumenical service dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Latvian Medical Association will be held at the Riga Dome Cathedral.
At 6:00 p.m. the participants of the Latvian medical Forum will lay flowers at the Monument of Freedom.
At 7:30 p.m. the Festive Session - a reception dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Latvian Medical Association will be held at the Riga Latvian Society House.
On September 20 the work of the congress will take place in eight halls simultaneously.
Events are to be held from 9:00 am. until 12:30 p.m.:
- The conference Competences of Physicians, Postgraduate Education, Process of Knowledge Evaluation in Latvia the Latvian Medical Association;
- The joint session of the Latvian Medical Association and the Latvian Association of Veterinarians on antibacterial resistance, nutritional problems, human and animal health;
- The session Physician's Assistance to both a Healthy and a Sick Child dedicated to paediatric issues.
Events to be held from 1:00 pm. until 5:00 p.m.:
- The conference of the Latvian Medical Association on ethical issues in Latvian mecine;
- The session dedicated to primary medical care issues and the issues of general practitioner services;
- The conference Latvian Medicine Under the Conditions of the Economic Crisis of the Latvian Medil Association.
A visit to the Latvian National Opera for a performance is scheduled for the evening of September 20.
On September 21
from 9:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. the work will be held at eight conference halls simultaneously.
The plenary session will be held from 1:30 p.m until 3:00 p.m. on 21 September, with the closing plenary session from 3:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and we will ensure a musically delightful closing of the congress.
- The conference of the Latvian Medical Association on ethical issues in Latvian medicine;
- The joint session of the Latvian Medical Association and the Pharmacists' Society of Latvia on the problems of the development of normative documentation in the area of the medicinal product market in Latvia, on the aspects of the use of prescription medications and over the counter medications, as well as food supplements and the influence thereof on the health of the residents of Latvia;
- The conference of the Latvian Medical Association on psychosomatic medicines and the mental health of the residents of Latvia.
A round table discussion on the significant areas of health and medicine will be held at the conference hall of Islande Hotel during the congress.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that during these days of September the following events will be held at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre and in its neighbourhood:
September 18 - 20 - 3rd Latvian Congress of Nurses and Midwives in Riga at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre;
September 18 - 21 - International Exhibition of Medical Equipment, Devices and Tools Medbaltica 2013 in Riga at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre;
September 19 - 21 - Baltic Congress of Traumatology at the Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel, during the 7th Latvian Congress of Physicians;
September 20 - 21 - Congress of Baltic Rehabilitologists in Riga at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre;
September 20 - Congress of the Latvian Dental Association in Riga, at the Kipsala International Exhibition Centre, during the 7th Latvian Congress of Physicians;
Information for participants!
Attention - the congress participation fee for Latvian Medical Association members until June 1 - LVL 20.00, for other physicians - LVL 30.00.
The congress participation fee for resident physicians until June 1 - LVL 5, for students on medical and dental curricula who have applied for the congress before June 1, - participation in the congress is free of charge.
Information online: www.arstukongress.lv
Telephone: + 371 27839089